China Travel Tips

Reflections on Travel in China

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

LiJiang - My Favorite Town in China




As a 25 year business in doing Tours to China, many people ask me which area or city is my favorite. That is a tough question as China has a very wide variety of cultures and sites. However, I must admit that I love LiJiang in Yunnan province the most even though it is getting a bit touristy for most people. Old Town is a photographer's paradise with the Naxi people living here, streams flowing through the town and no cars are allowed inside the Old Town with its narrow streets. So much to see and experience. Shops galore, evening shows, markets, Mr. Mu's Mansion and restaurants of all kinds. One needs to get out into the country side as well with the many stone villages and historical places as well as the snow capped mountains which is a perfect place to visit during the summer months too at 8000 feet and cool mountain air.  Side trips can be done to the Leaping Tiger Gorge and Lugu Lake the home of the Moseo people.    Visit my web site at www.interlakechinatours.com for your customized tour to your special interests.

No comments: