China Travel Tips

Reflections on Travel in China

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Golden Tower Temple and Monastery




As a China Tour Operator doing Tours to China and Tibet, I travel through out China every year for the past 25 years.  I check hotels, sites and new remote unusual places to send my clients. Like Churches in Europe, you can see too many temples in China as well. I try to visit as many as possible so I can weed out the interesting ones from the ordinary ones and my clients are directed to the most interesting temples. The temple above is not old being built in 2001 but it is unusual in that there is $2.8 million dollars of 24ct. gold on the outside of this temple. On a sunny day you can see the golden tower from many miles away, thus the name Golden Tower in English. It is located in Sichuan province at 10,000 feet above sea level. The art work all hand done is absolutely fantastic and certainly a work of art not to be missed if you are in the area. My Ecological Tour on my web site includes a visit to this wonderful site. Not far away is a Monastery with over 200 monks which you can visit as well and tour the inside. All the Monks there are very friendly and both times I have been there, we were the only visitors for that day. For more interesting places to visit in China sign up to receive new postings by email as I write them. Click on the photos for full screen views!

No comments: