China Travel Tips

Reflections on Travel in China

Friday, March 27, 2009

Visiting Yunnan Families in Their Homes




One of the most interesting things to do in China is visiting families in their homes. You learn so much about the culture and really get a first hand personal experience with people. The families pictured above are from Yunnan province. The first is a Muoso woman at Lugu Lake, the second a Dai family near Jinghong and a Hani family in Xishuangbanna which while dancing and singing sounded like American Indians. Each experience I had was very memorable and I learned so much about each minority tribe. There are 57 different minority peoples or tribes in China and you can often visit them in their homes over a cup of tea. I have visited over 20 different nationalities in their homes learning about each one. Many of my clients have visited China more than one time and Yunnan province in the south of China is probably one of the most interesting. North Yunnan is in the mountains and south Yunnan is in hilly jungle forests. Many people who have taken a standard or group tour of China have seen the major sites and tourist areas. Many of my clients I have arranged private custom tours to many other parts of China that meet their interests and take advantage of my 25 years experience of travel through out China. As a China Tour Operator working directly with my Chinese partners; you can depend on a great personal tour of China. References are available from many of my former clients upon request.

No comments: