China Travel Tips

Reflections on Travel in China

Thursday, July 30, 2009

WILD CHINA DVD


As a tour operator to China for the past 18 years, I am often asked to recommend books to read about China as well as other sources of information. A great DVD that came to my attention is "Wild China" which is a BBC video. There are two discs to the set with 5 hours of beautiful back country and cultural scenery in China. I have been to many of the places and shot photos myself; but this DVD is extremely professional of course having been done by the BBC. It may be purchased from Amazon.com but I am not sure of the cost. It was a gift to me from a friend. We often think of China as large cities and many people but "Wild China" certainly shows you the many beautiful and fantastic back roads of China with few people and great scenery. In 2010 I will be offering some 3 to 5 day Nature tours that may be combined or taken as a single add on tour based on your interests. As examples you might check my web site under packaged Ecological tours which has one long one and two short ones as samples of what we will be offering next year on my web site coming out in late November. We do private custom tours for individuals or groups that come to us with an agenda or would like us to plan a custom itinerary based on their interests and needs. Check us out at www.interlakechinatours.com

No comments: