China Travel Tips

Reflections on Travel in China

Monday, August 10, 2009

JET LAG


Jet Lag is an interesting problem. I have travelled for many years and have experienced it to different degrees based on where I am going and when. People experience it to different degrees and some not at all. Going to China from Seattle which is 16 hours ahead of Seattle, the flight is about 11 hours to Beijing but we travel with the sun and it is like one long afternoon. When I arrive at 4:00 p.m. in Beijing it is 12:00 midnight Sunday night in Seattle or 3:00 a.m. Monday morning in New York. Best thing to do when you arrive is try to stay up until at least 9:00 p.m. the first night. The next day you should plan on having a short day and rest in the afternoon doing something relaxing rather than sight seeing. Jet lag will subside in a day or two. Coming back however is another story. It use to take me 10 days to get back to normal as my days and nights got mixed up and I would want to sleep all day because I was awake all night. I found the product above to be very helpful. It is called "No-Jet-Lag" and can be found in most travel or luggage stores. Homeopathic, it is made from all natural ingredients according to the label and is made in New Zealand. You take one tablet every two hours as long as you are in the air. Cost is about $15 for 32 tablets. It is effective at different levels with people according to my clients who report back to me. I hope this tip helps you.

No comments: