China Travel Tips

Reflections on Travel in China

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Which Tour Should I buy to See China?

I have been teaching a class on Touring China for 15 years at local Universities and Community Colleges.   I have travelled throughout China and Tibet for 26 years.  One of the questions I get asked often is "How do I determine which tour to buy?"    Most people determine how much time they have available and then start checking tours either on the internet or with a local travel agent.  I have to agree it is difficult at best to compare tours without a great deal of knowledge about the country so most end up looking at Prices.  The cost of the tour should of course be on your list of considerations but should be down the list of your needs.  It is easy to compare international air costs which get you to China and back.   Nothing is worse than buying a poor tour and having to stick it out going home dissatisfied.   You spend a great deal of money so you should see what you are interested in and be comfortable with your tour arrangements.  Checking with tour operators you should ask for a list of references of their past clients.  If they can not furnish one, then you can eliminate them.  If you are just interested in seeing China in a general way, then a small group tour of 15 people or less or a private packaged tour is a good choice.  If you have specific interests and needs, then a Private Custom Tour to your interests and needs is a better choice from an experienced Tour Operator who specializes in China.   




For more information on touring China please contact me at   interlak@eskimo.com   without any pressure to purchase a tour from my company.  My friends call me "ChinaDave" from Seattle.

No comments: